Alright! I'm in!

Hey Broskis,

You guys have inspired me to get back on Keto!  I stepped on the scale this morning at 232 lbs.  That's my top end.  Based on my past experience (if I stay on track...) the first few pounds will drop quick.  I've recently been in the habit of eating a lot of salty snacks late at night which is the worst thing to do (I need a better way to deal with aggravation/stress, etc.)

To be honest I have been ambivalent about the ketogenic diet recently.  It can't be good or sustainable long term to eliminate a whole macronutrient group from your diet.  I have been trying intermittent fasting.  The health benefits of it are great and I have experienced them. It's been hard for me to lose much weight doing it though because it is difficult for me to eat healthier when I am in my eating window.

But really Keto IS a type of fast.  You're fasting carbs.  It's great to take a break from them, especially the processed sugary ones, for 3 to 6 months or even more.  Then keep them in check when you ramp off.

We'll see how it goes.  I'm not looking forward to the weird feeling involved with adapting to nutritional ketosis (like your body is visiting a 3rd world country).  My goal is to get down to 205, then crack the code on how to be disciplined enough to stay there.

I'm starting on a Friday because starting on a Monday sucks.  Plus I can have a big ole baconey avocadoey cheesey omelette tomorrow morning (in the Whataburger man voice... just like you like it!)

James, stay with it brother!!  Looking forward to hearing about your results!   

Comments

  1. Great to have you check in, Mark. My results are slow (5-lbs down so far, but hasn't even been 2 weeks yet) but I am finding it easy to stay on it. Plus, weirdly, both my sweet tooth and my alcohol cravings have been dialed down like 90% since I started this thing. I don't know if that's psychosomatic or a real thing, I'm just happy about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First!